Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cinderella's Castle

OK well not really, but close enough. Actually (random fact alert!) I learned this summer on my first trip to Spain, that the Disney's Cinderella Castle was inspired after one of the Spanish castle's in Segovia. Unfortunately I missed Segovia and the castle on my tour of Spain :( Maybe next time.

Anyways, this is Belvedere Castle in Central Park. I have never really understood why exactly there is a castle in the middle of the park...but who cares it provides more color to NYC and something for the tourists to "oooh" and "aaah" over.

After looking through the pictures, it reminds me more of Rapunzel's castle. Or maybe I'm just thinking of that movie Stepmom with Julia Roberts, where she plays a photographer and they have a Rapunzel photo shoot in the park. I keep picturing the model guy scaling the castle walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment