Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Puerto Rican Fortress

Next stop was the Fort San Felipe del Morro. I googled the fort to learn more about the history since I didn't take a tour and am a geek when it comes to knowing all of the historical facts. In my research I learned that this is a 16th century citadel which lies on the northwestern most point of the islet of San Juan. It was designed to guard the entrance to the San Juan bay and defend against any seaborne enemies. I wish I had been able to get an aerial shot of the entire fort because my pics hardly do it justice to the full size of the fort. Plus it would have made for a gorgeous photo, but I did my best to capture the essence of the fort.

Also, when we got to the fort they were doing some sort of reenactment of a war with lots of dudes dressed in colonial uniforms, marching with guns. They were even setting of the cannonballs....they were going all out.

Once we were inside they were a bunch of different levels to explore (six total) and unbelievable views. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment