Friday, April 30, 2010

El Yunque

Sunday I spent my day in El Yunque rain forest and it was absolutely gorgeous! It really was one of the most amazing places I have ever visited in my life. I think everyone should check it out if they can...you won't be disappointed. It is an INSANE experience. Plus, it is actually one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World, so you can check that off the list of "things to see" in your lifetime (I sure did!).

Anyways, the actual rain forest is at the top of a mountain which summits at about 3000 feet above sea level. My tour drove us all the way up to about 2500 feet and dropped us off at a trail. We hiked for about an hour but I am not sure how far we actually went. All I can say is that it was simply beautiful. Nothing else like it. El Yunque is peaceful with so much green, plush vegetation. The trees are so tall and thick that they make a canopy over the rain forest, creating an intimate vibe. I have never felt so close to nature.

I was enamored by everything I saw, so I think I ended up taking about 100 photos of the rain forest. I did capture some beautiful shots, but again I don't know if they do El Yunque justice. It is something you really need to see with your own eyes.













No comments:

Post a Comment